We love the Christmas lights, the smell, the sound and the feelings. I trust the 2019 holiday is literally done and we all hope for a better 2020. But hope is not a strategy. I mean, more importantly, how are you planning for 2020?
Here’s following through on my promise, that I will be sharing my confidential steps (steps I have successfully used over the years to generate amazing results. And I definitely will use it for 2020). It’s on : How I Plan To Achieve My Own Theme for 2020.
You Can Read, Steal Some Ideas And Tag Along On This Journey of ACCELERATION (which refers to a hybrid of 2016 and 2017 themes, Growth (2016) and Consistency (2017)). So, I will be combining both to birth Acceleration-On Serial Leaps.
The steps :
STEPS TO ACHIEVING MY THEME
1.Read a book/audio/visuals on your chosen theme *for example since mine is on Acceleration, I am reading a John Maxwell book on Growth, definitely to be completed before the year ends.
2. Go on a 3days fast to commit the theme; in my case’ ACCELERATION’ into His hands.
3. In that deep realm, ask for light, discipline, insights and the spirit of follow through. Then, come back to the physical and begin to talk about it, first to your self and to others ( to yourself, it dips it deeper into the realms of consciousness and unconsciousness, and to others, it puts you on the spot to deliver #accountability). Yes, if you can find an accountability partner, the better for you.
4. Re- align the 2020 mind map to ACCELERATION . And then create touch points based on your own wheels of life (Say 1.Family :Things you want to be, broken down into sets of things to do and have. You can loop the same process for 2.Spirituality, 3.Health, Business, 4.Finance, 5. Socials, 6. etc). These wheels of life refers to things you should BE (Be better in, Be better with). And then create measurable to ‘DO’ and have per touch points/ Wheels of life.
The high point of these exercises is that you create things you’d do differently. And then create consistent reminders to self as many times as you can remember. I suggest at every quadrant of a daily clock (three hours intervals of a 12 hour clock. It actually does have a spiritual meaning too). To make it effective, try at those points to practice stillness and meditation (not just as a spiritual exercise but as a mental exercise). Each time the process is done, comes as a self reminder too. Ensure that you practice meditations, affirmations and pausing in between the day through stillness to allow your themes, growth mindmaps and the component task catch up with you. After a while the loop becomes automatic and subconscious to you. That’s a great place to be; for 2020.
The secret sauce is in the process of writing down your themes, creating a wheel of focus and then detailing the measurable goals, reviewing them constantly, and making incremental progress on them. I suggest you recite them last thing at night and first thing in the morning as a ritual, habit or part of your prayers.
5. Other side hacks may include having daily to do lists as a support to them. Stay on a task or thought/thought process till you’re sure it is done. Consciously, do not allow your mind travel off by any distractions. An example is, if it’s not time to social media or calls, don’t go there and keep a mental timer: stop watch of each activity.
6. Find a partner (an accountability partner) that share similar theme.
7. Find a quote that summarizes your theme and use it as a DP, wall paper and on the door, and mirror where the sticky notes are.
QUOTES ON GROWTH/ACCELERATION:
Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.
Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong.
Being busy and traffic are side effects of growth.
QUOTES ON CONSISTENCY:
See what happens when you focus on what excites you.
Sacrifice and discipline is the synonym for consistency. Following through even when you don’t feel like is how you break barriers of procrastination and in creating a brand for being consistent
If I keep doing what is easy, my life may be hard. But I do what is hard, my life will be easy.
Focus creates blindness. I mean, it blinds you away from all other distractions.
Structure and consistency is everything..
Writing and making mental notes in Mindmap format is key. Plan. And those plans must be intentionally followed through intentionally from start to finish till tangible conclusion and product/success emerges.
You can create success or you create excuse, you can’t do both.
Start and walk 2020 with us.
Please note that this is only applicable to individual and not organizational planning. We have a different approach for corporate goal setting and strategy development.
I believe every serious minded person or organization should right about now have plans for a corporate retreat towards a better 2020. Let us at Hexavia know how we can help with that or you/your organization can join our 2020 corporate strategy session (details are attached with this note, feel free to chat us for more details). But in the meanwhile, let’s measure our individual and corporate performance for 2019 and the set 2020 targets, using vision boards and strategic mind maps together.
Corporate Retreats. Start Ups and Corporate Restructuring. Strategy. Business Plan. Training.
Repost if you find useful.